The Philippine International Flora & Fauna Garden Expo 2008 intended to bring into one roof the plant and animal industry, including other industries which has developed from it. With its theme “Bringing Back Nature”, it tries to remind us as a people our affinity with nature and an aim to protect and conserve it.
girls clad in fairies costume were part of the PIFGEX 2008 opening
As much as possible, the event encourages the incorporation of real plants and animal in the garden homescape, how to maintain them and to promote their conservation. Conservation could be achieved by protection of or native habitats, mass propagation and breeding of endangered and threatened plant and animal species, regulated collection, and public information
East- West Seed Company
The event was held from July 18 to 20, 2008 at the World Trade Center in Pasay City in Metro Manila. During the 3 day event there were over 10,000 people from all walks of life who went to the expo site.
Philippine Orchid Society nipa-hut landscape exhibit booth
Malvarosa Orchids one of the member of the Philippine Orchid Society had showcase an orchid landscape exhibit which featured rare , endemic and hybrids .
Philippine Postal Corporation in cooperation with Filipinas Stamp Collectors’ Club exhibit booth
• Philippine Postal Corporation in cooperation with Filipinas Stamp Collectors’ Club will be exhibiting Philatelic items such as Flora and Fauna.
Philippine Native Plant Conservation Society , Inc exhibit booth
Rare Orchids, Ornamental Plants, Ferns, Cacti and Succulents, Bonsai, Natural Stones which was exhibited by some
of the country’s leading plant societies like Philippine Orchid Society, Philippine Horticultural Society, Cactus and Succulents Society of the Philippines, Philippine Native Plant Conservation Society Inc., Philippine Bonsai Society among others.
• Avilon zoo one of the leading zoos in the country showcased rare animals.
• Daily lectures and demonstrations from plants & animals enthusiasts and experts.
• Government agencies such as Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources ,
Department of Agriculture, Department of Tourism , Bureau of Plant Industry will be participating in the event.
• Rizal Technological University had a mushroom and orchid exhibit
• Filipino Inventors Society showcased proudly Philippine made inventions.
• EDSA Garden House exhibited herbs which are organically grown .
• KWB and Klub Natur will spearhead the on site photography contest.
• NGO groups like Bantay Kalikasan, Greenpeace had an exhibit booth.
• Budgerigar Society and Avian Society had their exhibit and bird show
• Agri Aqua Network Incorporated the country’s largest agriculture based network participated in the event.
• Koi Village one of the largest breeder and exporter of fishes will be exhibiting their rare fishes.
• Butterfly Art will be showcasing different arts using butterflies.
• Spa Association of the Philippines will feature health and wellness activities and exhibit.
• Leading newspaper and television stations companies such as Manila Bulletin, Philippine Star, Business World, Philippine Daily Inquirer, Home Ideas Magazine UNTV channel 37, ABS-CBN channel 2, NBN channel 4 will cover the event.
There was a best exhibit booth contest judge thru public voting , which was won by the EDSA Garden House, followed by Earth Garden Landscaping (second place) and SAPI (third). Special mention was given to Mett’s Plant Arts , Philippine Orchid Society and Fred Salud’s Landscaping for its Avilon Zoo.