poster of Photo World Asia 2010
old camera on display
The trade show for PhotoWorld Asia 2010 was open to the public for free. The public was able to view the latest cameras, gadgets and other photographic equipment at the various booths and stalls of the participating exhibitors. The trade show will also feature an exhibition of vintage cameras and a display of iconic images that chronicle various historical moments.
Activity Center- Glorietta, Makati
PhotoWorld Asia 2010 reels off on January 28, 2010 to February 2, 2010 at the Glorietta, Ayala Center in Makati!
PhotoWorld Asia 2010 have four separate venues:
- The ACCM, AIM Conference Center Makati, for the seminars and workshops.
- The Glorietta Activity Center as main exhibition area for the photography industry trade show.
- The Art Space, 3rd Floor at Glorietta 4 for the collection of antiquarian photographs and vintage cameras.
- The Glorietta 5 for more trade exhibitions.
On Thursday, January 28, 2010, there was three formal openings:
- 3:00 pm for the trade exhibits at Glorietta 5;
- 4:30 pm at the Art Space, 3rd floor, Glorietta 4 for the exhibits of old photographs and vintage camera collections;
- 6:00 pm at the Glorietta Activity Center for the ribbon cutting followed by booth visitations.
Photo exhibit at the lobby of Glorietta 5
The event was attended by executives of the country’s major suppliers and manufacturers of photographic and digital imaging products including Canon Marketing (Philippines), Panasonic, Sanyo, Olympus, Noritsu, YKL Color/Fujifilm Philippines, Euro Color, Henry’s Camera Supply and JT Photoworld, among many others.
Theme for this year’s PhotoWorld Asia 2010 is “Philippine Photography in Changing Times.”
Tourism Director Cynthia Lazo, Sculptor Ramon Orlina and Pianist Ingrid Santamaria have been invited to grace the opening of PhotoWorld Asia 2010. The trade show, is open to the public for free.
The educational series – workshops and seminars by master photographers – was held at the ACCM, Asian Institute of Management Conference Center in Makati from January 29 to February 1, 2010. It will feature world renowned photographers Manny Librodo and Kevin Ames as headline speakers, with the special participation of top fashion photographer Raymond Isaac during the hands on shoot in Taal, Batangas.
Other speakers include John Silva who will lecture on 19th and early 20th century Philippine photographs, Isa Lorenzo on Black & White photography, Hugo Yonzon III on harnessing the creative energy, Bernie Ledesma on strobist techniques, John Tronco on wedding photography, Raul Echivarre on the Zen of photography, Jason Magbanua on videography, Indonesian Kristupa Saragih on travel photography and Singaporean Eddie Ng on bridging photo communities.