Thailand will host the World Philatelic Exhibition Thailand 2013 – World Stamp Exhibition from 2-14 August, 2013, on the 130th anniversary of the launch of Thailand’s postal service and the issue of the country’s very first postage stamp. The stamp exhibition will take place from 2 – 14 August 2013 at the Royal Paragon Hall 1-3, 5th floor, Siam Paragon, Bangkok.
Logo of the World Stamp Exhibition
Various shades of colors represent each science of arts. A round shape reflects our world and the universality. Arranging like flower’s petals means the feeling of liveliness and cheerfulness like a blooming flower. Cog rim of petals like a stamp shows the entity of the exhibition.
Thailand has hosted the event three times in the past- once every 10 years – in 1983, 1993, 2003 – as well as hosting the World Youth Stamp Exhibition in 1999. Some 100,000 visitors are expected to join the World Philatelic Exhibition in 2013 after a series of three successful world-class stamp events were hosted by Thailand in the past.
THAILAND 2013 – World Stamp Exhibition in collaboration with the Philatelic Association of Thailand, under the patronage of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn and with sponsorship from TCEB. The event will commemorate the 130th anniversary Thai postage stamps and the establishment of Thai postal service. It is also a good opportunity to raise public awareness about stamp collecting.
commemorative stamp issued in 2012
Thailand Post Co., Ltd. will organize Thailand 2013 – World Stamp Exhibition under the concept “Arts and Happiness” to promote value of Thai artisans’ works. In this regards, the company has launched a new stamp collection to display Thai artisans’ works from various branches. It consists of 4 series including 1) Thai folk arts and crafts (current issue), 2) Traditional arts and crafts, 3) Contemporary arts and 4) Royal arts.
Ms. Anutsara Jitmittaparp, President of Thailand Post Company Limited, signed cooperation agreements with Fédération Internationale de Philatélie (World Philately Federation) or F.I.P, and also with the Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau (Public Organization) or TCEB. The event was witnessed by leading philately companies and stamp collectors.
Thailand 2013 – World Stamp Exhibition is sure to be a big pool of growing opportunities for exhibitors to showcase unique postage stamp collections and other rare and valuable collectibles from around the world. The World Stamp Exhibition will build friendships and learn new things about the cultures of participating countries. The event will feature not only some unique postage stamp collections, but also displays of other rare and valuable collectibles from around the world.
The official mascot for THAILAND 2013 – World Stamp Exhibition is adapted from Kinnaree, a half-bird half-woman character in Thai literatures, who lives in Himmaparn forest. She is perfectly beautiful with delicacy, full of happiness and joyfulness. The figure of Kinnaree is always found in architectural works, especially at the main entrance of a building to show the warm welcome and hospitality.
Highlight of the exhibition:
- Venue: Siam Paragon Hall 1-3 Siam Paragon Shopping Complex
- Date: August 2-14, 2013
- Host: Thailand Post Co., Ltd.
in joint collaboration with The Philatelic Association of Thailand
under the patronage of H.R.H. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn (P.A.T.)
- Sponsor: Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau (TCEB)
- Patron: Federation Internationale de Philatelie (F.I.P.)
and the Federation of Inter-Asian Philately (F.I.A.P.)
- Objective: To commemorate the 130th Anniversary of the Thai postage stamps and the establishment of Thai postal service and to upgrade the stamp collection activity in every aspect to attract the public awareness with world class standards.
- Scope: A world class event held every 10 years. With the official approval by FIP Congress, Thailand has been given honour to organize the event in 2013.
1. The private collections by H.R.H. Maha Chakri Sirindhorn
2. Displays on the ultimate stamps e.g. rare stamps, expensive stamps etc
3. The Thai postal history during 130 years e.g. postal equipment/machine, postal uniforms, post boxes, cancellation, postage stamps, plate, envelopes, postcards etc
4. Displays to be presented according to events happening in the years 2012-2013.
- Sales Booths: Service counter of Thailand Post and sales booths of postal administrations and dealers from Thailand and various countries around the world totaling 150-200 will also be available at the event.
- Competition:To organize a local competition to provide preliminary knowledge and understandings in the competition at an international standard. Collectors from all over the world as well as Thailand Post staff will also be encouraged to participate in the competition. The expected numbers of displaying frames for competitive exhibits will be 2,500 – 3,500 frames.
- Booth Rental Sub-committee
Tel : +66 2 831 3200
Fax : +66 2 831 3209
E-mail : email@example.com
- Commissioner General Sub-committee
Tel : +66 2 831 3025
Fax : +66 2 573 0365
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretariat Sub-committee
Tel : +66 2 831 3854
Fax : +66 2 831 3850
E-mail : email@example.com
- Public Relation Sub-committee
Tel : +66 2 831 3162-3
Fax : +66 2 831 3514
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Sources and Links:
FIP (Fédération Internationale de Philatélie) :
Thailand World Stamp Exhibition 2013 : http://thailand2013.com/
Thailandpost.co.th : www.thailandpost.co.th/