Pampanga State Agricultural College, Magalang , Pampanga province -Philippines
Pampanga State Agricultural College (PAC) occupies nearly 700 hectares of government agricultural lands in the town of Magalang, province of Pampanga. The campus is about 3.5 km east of the town proper of Magalang, and about 15 km due southwest is Angeles City and Clark Field Special Economic Zone. Farther southeast about 25 km lies the City of San Fernando, the capital of Pampanga.
PNPCSI announcement of the 2nd International Symposium which appeared on March 24, 2013 ( Florum ) -official newsletter of the organization
The college is strategically located in Central Luzon and with its proximity to Mount Arayat ( a key biodiversity area for endemic Philippine flora and fauna ) The Philippine Native Plant Conservation Society Incorporated board and members decided to choose this well-known institution to be the next venue of the 2nd International Symposium to be held from November 16 to 17, 2013 .
Dr. Antonio Manila -president of PNPCSI and Dr. Honorio M. Soriano, Jr of Pampanga Agricultural College signed the Memorandum of Agreement
This will enable students and faculties of the state university to actively participate in the symposium. Aside from the students and faculties , Organizers are expecting between 250 to 300 participants coming from various colleges and universities from across the country not to mention foreign delegates from ASEAN member countries and the rest of the world.
L-Ms. Jo Quimpo -Vice President of PNPCSI signed the MOA agreement
Established more than a century ago (1885), this state agricultural institution stands among the other public and private academic institutions in the province and in Central Luzon. The College, with its focus on Instruction, R&D, Extension-Training and Production, envisions itself to be a center of excellence for development in agriculture, science and industrial technology, and comprehensive education and training for global competitiveness.
ceremonial handshake between the two organizations
The College is a state institution of higher learning, fully chartered in 1974, by virtue of Republic Act No. 4576,”An Act Converting the Pampanga National Agricultural School in Magalang, Pampanga into Pampanga Agricultural College (PAC)”, and complemented by Republic Act No. 8292 also known as the “Higher Education Modernization Act of 1997”.
As the “agricultural” word attached in its name, it is mandated to offer agriculture and agriculture related curricular programs, not withstanding the offering of allied fields. PAC operates a single campus, which lies at the western slope of majestic Mount Arayat in the Municipality of Magalang, Pampanga some 15 kilometers east of Angeles City.
It started as an agricultural experiment station known as “Estacion Pecuaria” in 1885 and was later renamed “La Granja Modelo de Magalang“. Then it became Magalang Farm School, but was closed in 1898 due to revolution.
It resumed operations in 1918 with Hon. Frank T. Ebbsen as the first American principal through the efforts of Governor Honorio Ventura and Assemblyman Andres Luciano, together with American teacher Kilmer Moe. In 1921, the school began to offer curricula in both the intermediate and high school levels.
Likewise, PAC continuously undertakes agricultural research, production and extension-training activities aimed at enhancing the quality of higher education and countryside development. Equally vital is the promotion of excellence in education and its products for improved agricultural and rural development in Pampanga as well as for the entire region.
Principally established as an agricultural school, PAC became a state college in September 1974, and 30 years later, the College offers a total of 13 undergraduate courses (both allied and non-allied courses), 2-year computer courses, a two-year course in agricultural technology, maintains a laboratory high school, an agricultural science high school, and operates a graduate school for three masteral and three doctoral degrees.
PAMPANGA AGRICULTURAL COLLEGE
Magalang, Pampanga, Philippines
Tel No# (63)45-8660800
Philippine Native Plant Conservation Society Incorporated email : email@example.com