SM Megamall -Megatrade Hall 1,2,3, Mandaluyong City , Philippines
Greetings to all avid readers and followers of pop culture, cosplay , anime , toy collectors from all corners of the country and even in the world. This is the exciting time of the year where people from all walks of life, genre , thematic collectors troop to the Philippine Toy Convention 2015 .
I went to the convention early to help the members of the Coca Cola Collectors Club of the Philippines affix the exhibit booth .Short exciting reasons to visit the convention.
14. Husband and Wife Entrepreneurship Tandem Ms. Lisa Lee is an artist, designer , entrepreneur and Mr. Luk Chee Chew were from Malaysia. They are selling interesting items from cute postcards, t-shirts and artisan ( one of a kind) toy. Liselle’s motto, “Dare to Dream, Dare to Shine” – All people are possible to build their dream if you believe and make it come true. Postcards are being sold at Php 20 each item with 7 designs !
‘Liselle’, the feminine character of a fashion illustrator portrays an image and personality of confident, elegance and charismatic that fuels an intrinsic potency for feminine lovers that has dreams to build and being ambitious. DWEEY is an artisan toy , which people can customize and paint their own DWEEY set.
LISELLE : http://www.liselle.com.my/
Mr. EJ Zara – GM and Head of Design ( Zara and Flowers )
13. Living Indoor Plants This is the first time that a local exhibitor had showcased several interesting indoor plants with toys as an added accent. This is the trend that is happening worldwide. An arrangement that is cute, fanciful and ideal giveaway during an event. 12. CUTE Pots with a Touch of Cartoon Characters This such a very creative move on the part of Zara and Flowers , pot designs which are painted to look batman and other comic characters with living indoor plants. 11. Dinosaurs and Live Succulents Mixing pre-historic creatures and living plants is another way to entice people into growing plants. They look more animated and fanciful. For thematic event, weddings and even children’s parties. They are sure hit. It is also an impromtu botany lesson 101.
For reservations and orders:
Office: (02) 957-7290 Mobile: (0915-721-9279)
Christmas theme miniature village with trains, houses , carrousel and miniature pine trees to complete the effect.
J Tree Miniature Tree Company
Ms. Joyce D. Garcia – Bani, Pangasinan
Contact : +63 -930-984-1252 / 0906-546-0330
10. Christmas themed village in June
Christmas season is still several months away, With almost everyone at the Coca-Cola Collectors’ Club of the Philippines is on their very festive atmosphere and mood. This is a very good way to start an event.
officers and members of the club in a light mood
With red colored t-shirts and star studded induction of the officer led by Atty. Adel Tamano ( Vice President for Public Affairs and Communication Officer ) members of the organization together with Coca- Cola Philippines will be giving away FREE Coke, Coke Zero , Royal and Sprite in cans during the duration of the event. ( depending on the availability of the supplies) Coke is an international brand name and the Philippines is one of the first countries in Asia to have acquired its franchise to distribute and bottle the product. Popular items like die-cast cars, bottles, dolls, game cards, postcards, polar bear, miniature cartoon characters , t-shirts are some of the popular collectible items on display at the exhibit.
Toy Convention 2015 mugs and other official merchandise
9.One of a Kind Memorabilia Items for Sale Memorabilia collectors normally would buy these stuffs . They are souvenir from their visit to the convention.
Mr. Vincent Trinidad and Ms. Zette Trinidad ( artists and proprietor )
8. Unique Business Names and Products
Poop Shop sound very catchy and unique , The husband and wife tandem are selling affordable clothes which they have designed . They also have interesting stickers and cards , Unfortunately no postcards were printed .
Their store is located at No.42 Anonas Road , Project 2 , Quezon City
Contact Numbers: 0916-5199790 /0917-306-3321 Landline : 531-7671 / 463-3948
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Popshopclothing2014
7. FREEBIES , Games and On the Spot Games This is one of the reason “why” some people troop to the convention. There are a lot of freebies and giveaways during the 3-day event. Coca-Cola Philippines give away of coke products in cans , Oishi – ( Liwayway Marketing ) gave away free samples , Fullo, button pins and other stuffs. There are also a lot of cool surprising games , pop culture trivia and quizzes.
Coca Cola Collectors’ Club of the Philippines officers and members
6. Meeting with Fellow Collectors I got a chance of meeting some collectors in different types of collecting fields , themes and their collection. Attending any type of convention means reaching out to all those people with the same passion and building friendship.
Mr. Jose Antonio A. Jaime ( Photographer and Graphic Artist)
Contact details: (632) 655-5865 / 0926-6291301
I also met some old time acquaintances from stall holder and fellow collector. I met Mr. Jose Jaime a stamp, postcard, toy and a freelance photographer . This is his first time to participate in the annual toy convention. He was with his friend who also designs quality t-shirt for sale at the convention.
5.Life-size Statues of favorite comic super heroes There are a whole lot of statues of your favorite comic heroes . A great way to have their photos taken.
Mr. Yexel Sebastian
4.Celebrity Power I have seen several celebrities that went to the toy convention. Some of them are avid supporters of the event and they even maintained toy collections.
Super Mario Brothers
vintage tin toys
Pinoy Lug exhibit
Pinoy Lug exhibit is composed of a group of people who collects lego toys and assemble them .
3. Exhibits A visit to the annual toy convention is incomplete without a glimpse of their exhibits by toy collectors 2. Great Discounts Toy Collectors and bargain hunters will definitely hunt for great discounts and sale. This is also the best time to buy these items before the Christmas holidays comes. There were a lot of toys and other items on sale .
These badges are being sold for 9 pieces at Php 300 or Php 33.33 pesos per item.
1. Experience the TOY Convention Mania !!! Just try to enjoy the bargain hunting, exhibits , chit chats with friends and hobbyists . Try to spend more time and get to know these people behind the toy convention and their passion over collectible items. I think based on what i have seen and the crowd response was truly remarkable and if all things are right, the organizers are planning to have a bigger venue next year! TOY CONVENTION 2016 !!!
* Note: Entrance fees is Php 150 for general public and Php 120 for senior citizens .