Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas ( BSP)
150th Andres Bonifacio Php 10.00 commemorative coin-
The Central Bank of the Philippines issued a coin commemorating the 150th anniversary of the birth of Andres Bonifacio was issued Tuesday by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.
Bonifacio’s face on the obverse (front side) of the coin is accompanied by the words “Republika ng Pilipinas 2013“, while the reverse side of the coin carries Bonifacio’s signature, an image of the Bonifacio monument, and the words “Dangal at Kabayanihan.”
– Obverse: Portrait of Andres Bonifacio with the following markings:
“10 Piso”, “REPUBLIKA NG PILIPINAS”, and Yearmark “2013”
– Reverse: New Seal of the BSP with the following markings: “150 Years”, “1863-2013”, “Signature of Andres Bonifacio”, “DANGAL AT KABAYANIHAN,” and the Bonifacio Monument
b. Denomination / Face Value: 10-Piso
– Material: Existing 10-Piso coin blanks (bi-metal)
– Metallic Composition and Color:
a) Ring – 75% Cu, 25% Ni / Grayish White
b) Core – 92% Cu, 6% Al, 2% Ni / Yellow
– Shape: Round
– Weight: 8.70 grams
– Diameter: 26.50 millimeters
– Edge: Milled
d. Mintage (quantity): 10 million pieces, of which 20,000 pieces will be packed Brilliant Uncirculated coins
The issuance of the coin was recommended by the Monetary Board and approved by the Office of the President.
The regular P10 coin features the heads of Bonifacio and Apolinario Mabini. Mabini’s own sesquicentennial will be celebrated next year.
The circulation of the Bonifacio commemorative coin will “highlight the nationwide celebration” of one of the Philippines’ greatest heroes, the BSP said in a statement.
Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas: http://www.bsp.gov.ph/